The Year of YES! in Review
It’s been a whirlwind of a year at HASA. Our team has witnessed a dramatic increase in HASA’s need to advocate for, and to serve, individuals with communication challenges.
One commitment I made (and I asked my team to make along with me) was to spend the year saying “yes.” That commitment to YES has led us down an exciting road of new partnerships and fostered a renewed commitment to HASA’s mission.
- YES led to HASA providing 500 hearing screenings to prekindergarten students in Baltimore City.
- YES resulted in HASA staff attending more than 100 community outreach events where we reached more than 20,000 people.
- YES led to the development of a new model for on-site sign language classes for community groups and area businesses.
As you read through HASA’s accomplishments and results for the year, know that it happened because you also said “yes.”
YES to supporting our work to build an inclusive, accessible society where everyone is able to understand—and be understood.
A bit of the detail:
Read the full report here: 2018 Annual Report
In Blog section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders