Special Education Teacher
Gateway School, a program of HASA, is a nonpublic school for students ages 2 – 12 with communication disorders. We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to start in July 2019.
The Special Education Teacher will develop and implement lesson plans, meet and instruct classes, implement IEPs, initiate student evaluations and document progress, create an instructional environment for appropriate development of students, and work effectively with related-services staff to address the students’ needs.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Special Education or related field.
- Conditional Maryland Teaching Certificate; Maryland Certified Special Education Teacher preferred.
- Experience working with children in special education.
- Ability to provide good verbal, speech, and language models.
- Experience with applied behavior analytics.
In Special Education Teacher section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders