Parents & Families
OFFICERS OF THE GATEWAY PARENTS' ASSOCIATION
President, Jocelyn Casser
Faculty Advisor, Carie Beam
- The Parents' Association meets the first Monday of every month. Click here>> for more information.
- Parents' Association Facebook Group
- Make Your Shopping Count - easy ways to help raise funds for the school!
Parents of Gateway Students have formed the Parents' Association (PA) to address parent concerns, help raise funds for the school and plan events that support the family-centered education services at Gateway School.
Parent support groups are offered by the school’s social worker and the information is provided to parents about the resources available within the school and the community. Periodic workshops are also presented to parents and the community by the staff of the Gateway School and HASA.
Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in the development of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and all other aspects of their child's educational program. A case manager is assigned to your child and team meetings are conducted for your child as the need arises. Meetings with parents and/or representatives involved with the child from outside agencies are also scheduled as needed. Pre-IEP conferences are coordinated with parents prior to the annual review of the IEP to ensure parental involvement in the IEP process.
OPEN DOOR POLICY
Gateway's open-door observation policy promotes communication with families and community professionals.
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders