CIRS Interpreting, a program of HASA, is a leading provider of American Sign Language (ASL) and oral interpreters in Maryland. We are currently seeking part-time ASL Teachers for community classes and other HASA-sponsored events.
This position requires:
- 1 – 2+ years' previous sign language teaching experience.
- Familiarity with the Signing Naturally curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree in Deaf Studies, Special Education or related field preferred.
- Deaf awareness, sensitivity, and ADA knowledge.
- Commitment to meeting the needs of diverse populations.
This is a part-time position with variable hours, dependent upon upcoming classes and events.
If you would like to be considered when ASL/Interpreting courses become available, please fill out the form below:
In ASL Teacher section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders