1:1 Instructional Assistant
Gateway School, a program of HASA, is a nonpublic school for students ages 2 – 12 with communication disorders. We are currently seeking 1:1 Instructional Assistants to start in July 2019. These individuals will work one-to-one with students with special needs, collect data to monitor progress, prepare materials, and implement behavior intervention plans.
This position requires:
- Experience working with children diagnosed with autism, communication disorders, development disabilities, or special needs.
- ABA, Verbal Behavior, or Behavior Technician experience.
- College coursework in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Hearing and Speech Science, or related field; associate's or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong ability to work effectively with caregivers and related-service staff.
In 1:1 Instructional Assistant section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders