Spotlight Saturday, Dana Stoudt, Special Educator
How long have you been affiliated with HASA and in what capacity? I have been affiliated with HASA since 2006 - I was hired as an Instructional Assistant at Gateway School, now my title is Special Educator.
What are three words to describe HASA? Caring, Dedicated, Team.
What is your favorite word? Onomatopoeia. It's just fun to say out loud.
What do you like most about HASA? My coworkers are some of the most caring people I know. Everyone has a great sense of purpose to help students/patients/clients succeed.
Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us. When I was an undergraduate, I initially wanted to be a nurse anesthetist. Being in a classroom was nowhere on my radar as a career choice, even though family and friends always said they could see me being a teacher. Guess they were right. :)
In Blog section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders