Spotlight Saturday, Crystal Kelley, Gateway Parent
What drew you to HASA originally? My son attends Gateway School.
How long have you been affiliated with HASA and in what capacity? My son is in his fourth and final year at Gateway.
What is your favorite memory with HASA? There are too many favorite memories I can name about HASA and Gateway School! The experience has been positive at every turn. :)
What are three words to describe HASA? Nurturing, sincere, and irreplaceable.
What have you gained from being affiliated with HASA? My family has gained so much from our son being a student of Gateway School, but the biggest gains are his increased receptive and expressive communication skills and even more importantly his strong sense of self-worth & self-confidence.
Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us. Let me say two things:
1. My only regret in our family being affiliated with HASA and Gateway School is that my son did not attend from Pre-K! I am so grateful he has been here from ages 8-12, but wish we would have known of the great things Gateway School offers a child with severe communication and social challenges earlier in his development.
2. The above picture is of my two wonderful kids and me at the Walters Art Museum. We attended a sensory friendly program on a weekend and one of the outstanding staff of Gateway School, Mr. Weinhouse, was there and took this picture!
Many thanks to HASA and Gateway School!
In Blog section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders