SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Gateway School, a program of HASA, is a nonpublic school for students with communication disorders related to autism, developmental delay, and impairments with hearing, speech, or language. We are located in Baltimore City, just off Northern Parkway.
We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher that will:
- Create and maintain a superior academic environment.
- Develop and implement classroom group and individual lesson plans.
- Implement Behavior Intervention Plans and Individualized Education Plans.
- Initiate formal and informal evaluations of student’s strength and needs.
- Document student progress.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians regarding student’s progress and strengths and needs.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Elementary Education, Hearing and Speech Science, Special Education or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Special Education Elementary/Middle teaching certification is a must.
- Experience working with children in special education.
- Strong behavioral management skills.
- Experience with applied behavior analytics.
- Commitment to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability to provide good verbal, speech, and language models.
- Strong ability to work effectively with parents, staff, and community/professional groups.
In SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders