Community and Professional Resources
Parent Resource Center
HASA's Parent Resource Center is available to parents, families, and caregivers of children who are deaf or hard of hearing or who have speech-language or other communication disorders who would like to learn more about health and education options.
The Parent Resource Center is located on the second floor of The Hearing and Speech Agency, 5900 Metro Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215.
The Parent Resource Center was created by The Hearing and Speech Agency and supported by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Office of Genetics and Children with Special Health Care Needs.
- The Autism Research Foundation
- Autism Research Institute
- Autism Society of America Foundation
- Autism Speaks
- Families Fighting Autism
- National Autism Association
- Pathfinders for Autism
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders - provides information on current research into issues related to deafness, programs, and research funding opportunities
- Deaf Addiction Services at Maryland (DASAM)
- College Advice for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students - offers resources and tips for school success and access to services.
- National Association of the Deaf: Law Center - offers legal resources and support for issues relating to equal access, education, employment, and discrimination for individuals who are deaf.
- American Society for Deaf Children
- Maryland Technology Assistance Program
- Maryland Relay
- Towson University, Deaf Studies Program
- Community College of Baltimore County, Interpreter Training Program
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Maryland Office of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Maryland School for the Deaf
- Maryland Association of the Deaf
- We Connect Now
- The University of Texas at Dallas: Cochlear Implant Laboratory - offers demonstrations and simulations of listening with the use of cochlear implants
- American Academy of Audiology
- Cochlear Implant Center at GBMC (Greater Baltimore Medical Center)
- The John Tracy Clinic - offers academic, social, and family support for parents of children who are deaf or hearing impaired
- University of Maryland Medicine: Maryland Hearing and Balance Center
- The Listening Center at Johns Hopkins
- Maryland Association of Nonpublic Special Education Facilities
- Council for Exceptional Children - offers information and resources to enable parents to understand the special education laws and how they affect the funding of academic and related services for deaf or hearing impaired children
- Accredited Schools Online - A list of classroom resources for children who are deaf or hard of hearing
- United States Department of Education: Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services - provides insight into the federal laws for special education and disability
- Supporting Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students - tools, technology, and key resources to cultivate academic success
- DORS: Maryland State Department of Education, Division of Rehabilitation Services
- Baltimore Infants and Toddlers Program