The Clinical Concierge will serve as the first point of contact in Clinical Services; the concierge will assist representatives of outside agencies and individuals with speech-language and/or hearing problems and their families to access HASA’s robust menu of services. In overseeing the customer services initiatives and administrative duties of the clinic, the concierge is responsible for moving the clients through the intake and checkout process in a manner that promotes a high level of customer satisfaction. The Clinical Concierge must ensure that all procedures are closely followed to ensure that clients and HASA team members needs are met.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintaining and understanding of electronic medical records.
- Corresponding with clients and team members.
- Obtaining insurance authorizations and verification; requesting necessary insurance appeals.
- Sending all patient insurance information to the medical billing team for verification and eligibility; preparing electronic documents required to complete medical billing (including Medical Assistance and Medicare).
- Obtaining and verifying all patient demographics and insurance information; updating current patient information, as necessary, in the EMR system to maintain accuracy of billing.
- Answering telephone calls and emails; maintaining records of all phone calls and referrals.
- Assembling electronic new client welcome packets, folders, HIPAA documents, consent forms, and brochures.
- Following up with clients; fostering an environment that facilitates client retention.
- Assisting with procurement and resource management.
- Assisting with organizing continuing education classes and workshops for the Office Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Team player with a positive “can-do” approach
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Records systems, Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel
- High School diploma or Certificate of medical office training; college degree preferred
- One to two years of work experience in a medical office setting or customer service; or a combination of education and work experience
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent computer skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manipulate 25 lbs.; sit, stand, or bend for long periods of time
- A general and growing knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area and a general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization a plus; willingness to foster an environment of general delightfulness required.
In Clinical Concierge section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders