Health Insurance Accepted at HASA
Please note that insurance companies offer a variety of policies to their customers. Please check with your insurance company to learn what HASA services are covered.
ACN Group, a division of Optum Healthcare including:
- Align Networks, Inc.
- Cypress Care
- Optum Choice
- United Healthcare of the Mid-Atlantic-MD
- Universal Smart Company
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Medicaid (for children 21 and under)
- United Healthcare
How can you get coverage for speech, language, hearing problems?
Develop coverage language that does not arbitrarily limit coverage
See your health plan carrier/broker about adding coverage
Contact the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association for credentialing information, lists of qualified providers, preferred practice patterns and other resources: 800.638.8255 or www.asha.org
What Does a Speech, Language, and Hearing Benefit Include?
- Services provided by a speech-language pathologist or audiologist certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Speech, language, swallowing and audiologic assessment and treatment for disorders resulting from:
- Congenital and/or developmental conditions
- Adequate number of treatment sessions to attain or restore functional communication or feeding/swallowing skills
- Hearing aid assessment, fitting, orientation, and hearing aids
- Assessment for augmentative/alternative communication (AAC) device, the AAC device and associated treatment