SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher that will:
- Create and maintain a superior academic environment.
- Develop and implement classroom group and individual lesson plans.
- Implement Behavior Intervention Plans and Individualized Education Plans.
- Initiate formal and informal evaluations of student’s strength and needs.
- Document student progress.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians regarding student’s progress and strengths and needs.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Hearing and Speech Science, Special Education or related field.
- Conditional Teaching Certificate; Certified Special Education Teacher preferred.
- Experience working with children in special education.
- Strong behavioral management skills.
- Experience with applied behavior analytics.
- Commitment to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability to provide good verbal, speech, and language models.
- Strong ability to work effectively with parents, staff, and community/professional groups.
All new hires will be required to undergo a criminal background check, drug screen and obtain a negative reading for tuberculosis prior to their start date.
In About section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders