Customer Service Representative
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Customer Service Representative for CIRS Interpreting serves as an integral support for the day-to-day operation of The Hearing and Speech Agency. This position requires the ability to work efficiently and independently while providing excellent customer service and assisting with various tasks. The Customer Service Representative should be someone with outstanding communication skills, a positive attitude, and the willingness to take on additional duties, as needed.
The working hours of this position are 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Processes customer requests for interpreters.
- Manages client concerns and conflicts.
- Maintains customer requests and interpreter schedules.
- Co-coordinates 24/7/365 coverage of emergency on-call schedule, and provides support to CIRS.
- Maintains documents and forms in common areas.
- Provides general administrative support to staff, as needed.
- Resolves client and visitor feedback and conflicts.
- Adheres to all HASA policies and procedures.
- Supports the mission of HASA.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Fluent in American Sign Language and have a High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree in Deaf Studies, Special Education or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of American Sign Language; Deaf awareness, sensitivity and ADA knowledge preferred.
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in a high volume call center.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, to achieve results.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and data management experience.
- Ability to sit, stand, or bend for long periods of time.
In About section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders