COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Full-time position for an energetic individual who displays a passion for HASA’s mission. We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and organized Communications and Community Engagement Manager who will be responsible for a full range of activities to include volunteer management, community outreach, social media management, fundraising, and event planning.
- In partnership with Associate Director of Development, build a network of ambassadors who are interested in raising funds for HASA, either in conjunction with a special event or individually.
- Manage online giving efforts and corresponding data entry.
- Recruit, train and manage outreach volunteers.
- Create curriculum for and facilitate orientation and training for outreach volunteers.
- Engage staff in fundraising and outreach opportunities.
- Attend health fairs, screenings and outreach events on behalf of HASA.
- Represent HASA at United Way, Maryland Charity Campaign and other workplace giving events. Manage internal and external workplace giving opportunities.
- Help in facilitating special events to include logistics, media relations, volunteer management and ticket sales.
- Work with Director of Development and Communications on targeted action plan for website updates and social media management.
- Facilitate delivery and enhancement of HASA's Internet, intranet, email, social media, newsletter, printed collateral, press releases, and other communications.
- Staff lead on data tracking of communication efforts (advertising, web presence, survey results and any other measurements of overall effectiveness).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in volunteer management, community outreach, or related field.
- An interest in hearing loss, deaf studies, autism, special education, speech-language challenges or communication preferred.
- Knowledge of web-based CMS systems is preferred.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public to a variety of audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google applications, and social media applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong planning skills; ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 25 lbs; able to sit, stand, or bend for long periods of time.
In About section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders