1:1 Instructional Assistant
We are currently seeking a 1:1 Instructional Assistant that will:
- Provide support to the classroom teacher in the implementation of group and individual academic and behavioral goals.
- Shadow the individual student and assist in their educational and social development.
- Implement the Behavioral Intervention Plan, as part of the student’s IEP.
- Assist with guidance, management, and coordination of classroom activities and activities of daily living.
This position requires:
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Hearing and Speech Science, Special Education or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with children in special education.
- Strong behavioral management skills.
- Experience with applied behavior analytics.
- Commitment to meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability to provide good verbal, speech, and language models.
- Strong ability to work effectively with parents, staff, and community/professional groups.
All new hires will be required to undergo a criminal background check, drug screen and obtain a negative reading for tuberculosis prior to their start date.
In About section
- Accent Modification, Accent Reduction
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Apraxia of Speech in Adults
- Apraxia of Speech in Children
- Assistive Technology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation for the Treatment of Speech Disorders in Children
- Hearing Aids for Children
- Cochlear Implants
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Loss in Adults
- Hearing Loss in Children
- Hearing Protection
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Voice Disorders